Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dr. Barry Cohen, Smyrna

First, I went to Dr. Barry Cohen who has offices in Smryna and Dunwoody. he would be great because he has an office near my home and job so getting to adjustments would be a breeze. I was also sold on visiting him when I saw a picture of a former student on his website! (www.bcohenortho.com) I remember her being an awesome kid with fabulous teeth!

So, I arrived at the Smyrna office and it is very crowed but I am called after about 5 minutes in the waiting area. Dr. Cohen was really nice and he went to Emory so we had a lot to talk about. He said I would be an ideal candidate for Invisalign because I had no bite or jaw issues, only the need to close gaps. He said he gave me a "teacher's discount" but it was still really expensive. It would be $306 for records, 1995 down and $365 per month for 9 months. He did mention that the gaps on the side may not close up all the way but it would not be that noticeable.

Why I didn't choose Dr. Cohen:
1) I don't have $365 a month. He acts like my ex-husband pays child support. If me and the child support fairy were friends, I would just get veneers cause thats how much money that dude owes me.
2) I didn't like the idea that the Invisalign wouldn't completely close teh gap.
3) Did you do the math and see it was over 5G's total! I teach rich kids but they ain't leaving tips at the bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment